Before the event:
· Review the event description in detail and assess your readiness/ability to participate by reviewing our outings rating system. Do not be shy about asking the Event Organizer about the difficulty of the outing and equipment needs. Expect to be queried by the Event Organizer about your abilities, recent experience, and equipment.
· RSVP ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘maybe’ and change your RSVP accordingly if needed. Let the Event Organizer know in advance if you need to cancel since the group will be waiting for your arrival at the meeting location. As a courtesy to the Event Organizer and other potential participants, if your plans change, please promptly change your RSVP. Expect to be asked for your phone number for last minute needs when email is not practical. Ask for similar from the Event Organizer if not provided.
· Be aware of the equipment needs for this outing.
· If you are considering bringing children or pets, please obtain an OK from the Event Organizer beforehand. The Event Organizer will consider whether other members will enjoy the company of the child or pet, and whether the trip is appropriate for the child or pet. Especially for children, factors to consider include the age of the child, the length (time and distance) of the event, the weather, and the level of difficulty of the event.
· Gather needed equipment or ask the Event Organizer about sharing or borrowing equipment, if the Event Organizer has offered.
· Monitor the weather prior to the outing or check with the Event Organizer to make sure you have appropriate clothing and gear for the outing.
· Inform the Event Organizer if you need to return to the meeting location at a certain time, but be prepared to arrange your own carpooling accordingly.
· Bring with you in writing emergency contact information and information on allergies, physical limitations, medical problems or medications which are relevant to the outing. This information is to be carried on your person. Inform the Event Organizer of any relevant limitations and/or medical issues. Give your emergency contact information to the Event Organizer.
· Let the Event Organizer know if you have any special dietary needs in case the group plans a meal stop after the outing. But plan to be flexible with the group plans. (All: be considerate of others’ dietary preferences.)
· *** All participants are responsible for their own personal safety and comfort on an outing ***.
On the day of and on the outing:
· Arrive at the designated meeting place on time.
· Bring lunch, snacks, water, raingear, flashlight, money for carpooling and any associated event fees, and for a possible meal. If you plan to drive, arrive with a full gas tank.
· Stay with the group between the designated lead person and the sweep or as instructed by the Event Organizer .
· Keep Event Organizer informed if you plan to leave the group before completion. Be aware that if you leave the trip, you alone are responsible for your own route finding, transportation, safety and well being.
After the outing:
· Settle shared expenses. (The fuel cost should be split evenly among the riders and driver. If there are three or more riders, as a courtesy, the riders should pay the total fuel cost.)
· Please submit a event rating and brief report of your experience per the e-mail you will receive from Meetup (example below).
· As always, you're encouraged to share your pictures through website postings or even albums at meetings.
RSVPed 'Yes' for Full Moon Paddle.
Feedback helps your Organizer improve future Meetups. Would you
please take a moment to click the link below and rate the event?
- The team at Meetup.com
Rev 9/10 - DAB